Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hemingway biopic, to focus on last years of his life

I'm wary of this little news item, but we'll see. The film will be based on Hotchner's memoir of his time with Hemingway towards the end of H's life. "It is rare that we have such intimate, truthful knowledge about the life and, ultimately, demise of a true American icon," said one of the producers of this new project, Ellen Goldsmith-Vein. She and Peter McHugh of Gotham Group will produce along with Kevin Fortuna (re. Kevin, I can't hate anyone who owns a production company called Dedalus Enterprises...).

When I checked out Gotham Group to link above, I also noticed via IMDB that they're working on a film version of A Great and Terrible Beauty, the first in a series that was one of my fav. reads of the past few years. Better not suck. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment