Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's hard to be cranky when.....

.... this is going on right outside your window at work:


Yup, that would be the wading pool, which is now open. There is nothing on earth more lovely (and more evocative of summers of my childhood) than the smell of sunscreen and chlorine. I was a late swimmer (11-ish? I can't remember, although it was certainly a big deal at the time...) and never made it past Orange in swimming classes, but still. But still.

Also, the gardens at Nepean Centrepointe are lovely this time of year.



2 comments:

  1. We went to that wading pool when we were visiting my sister two summers ago! Now I can picture where it is you work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what Orange is the equivalent of but I was failed at Beginners at the age of 13 for not having my arms straight enough on my backstroke. Humiliated as 6 year old in class passed.
    Still like the water though.

    ReplyDelete