Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2010



Hey everyone! I'm participating in BBAW 2010! The theme this year, as you can see from the above logo, is " A Treasure Chest of Infinite Books and Infinite Blogs Daily Blogging Topics."

Today's topic is "First treasure," and we are supposed to tell you, dear readers, about the very first book blog we discovered. Oh crap - here's where I remind you that I have The Worst Memory Ever. I'm going to have to guess, I think.

[ponders]

I think it would have to be a tie between Bookninja (an amazing source for all book news, plus an irreverent tone that I enjoy very much) and the Guardian, actually (because I am heavily into British literature and homesick for somewhere I never really lived).

I started following several blogs at the same time, so it's a bit of a blur (and, to be fair, it's also six years ago, so...). I can tell you, also, rather tangentially, that I was an early follower (and still a follower) of Book2book, a British publishing industry website (not a blog), that has also been a constant source of info for me - Book2book runs some stories I miss in other British news sources, and also often runs international book news that isn't covered anywhere else. They also frequently run stories first - I sometimes see them later, elsewhere.

Back in the day, I also paid for access to a blogreader, sucker that I was. Now I'm all Google Reader. I was never a Bloglines person, although I have seen that many people are atwitter recently about it shutting down.

C'est tout!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, the Guardian book pages are fantastic. I subscribe to the Guardian (I'm a Brit in the UK) and the Saturday Review is a delight that keeps me going all week.

    ReplyDelete