Thursday, May 26, 2011

Project Bookmark plaque in Ottawa

I almost forgot to post these pics I took of Ottawa's first (one hopes, of many!) Project Bookmark plaque. It is located on the north-east side of Bronson Bridge, or more accurately, on the grassy knoll between the bridge and the off-ramp. I snapped these pics on a recent run down to Dow's Lake.

Here is a shot of both the French and English plaques (hadn't thought about the bilingual nature of our plaques here until I saw them!)...



And here's a mostly legible (click to make it bigger) close up of the English one:



Now, seriously, not to be a jerk, and I know Garbo Laughs is set in Ottawa South, but it struck me as a bit funny that the quote is about Laurier Bridge, when the plaque is located near Bronson Bridge. Potentially confusing for the literary tourist!

No comments:

Post a Comment