Monday, May 14, 2012

Fun fact for the day

I'm trying to be a good girl these days, and really support the independents we have left, so I was placing a special order with Collected Works, and I learned something interesting. I think it's kind of cool that I have been in the book biz one way or the other since 1998, but I didn't really think about this until now.

Books are still shipped from the UK to Canada by boat. It takes several weeks, and they are packed in waterproof pallets. So, as the salesperson told me, once a shipment of books for a book launch event was sunk on the way over (eek!) but actually did arrive (very late), perfectly intact, due to the great packing.

Heck, I want to take a boat across the Atlantic!

P.S. I was ordering this.

P.P.S. I wanted a quirky image for this, so I went with something I remember my English grandfather, Alexander Edward, teaching me to make, circa 1986, during a church service in Cambridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment